Canada Day Volunteers Needed! Fun Guaranteed!
Canada Day in Barrhaven runs exclusively on volunteer power.
We are looking for responsible, enthusiastic, energetic individuals that want to come and enjoy Canada Day by helping out and getting involved in the community..
Volunteers are needed to help out before, during and after the event.
Specifically, we need:
Pre-event, June 28, 29 and 30:
- Stage setup (9am-11am) – June 30th
- Event set up (all day) – June 28th & 29th
- Traffic barrier distribution – June 30th
During Canada Day, July 1:
- Event setup (7am-11am)
- First Aiders or other Health Care Professionals (all day)
- Information tent
- Kids Zone Stage setup & tear down and support (all day, until 6pm)
- Multicultural Stage setup and support (all day, until 6pm)
- Adult and youth to work in the Kids Zone, including setup and tear-down (10am-6pm)
- Traffic control (all day)
- Garbage & recycling clean-up (6pm-10pm)
- Misc. take-down (10:30pm-11:30pm)
Post-event, July 4:
- Stage take-down (July 4th midnight-2am)
- Become a Volunteer
Can you help out? Please contact us whether you can spare an hour or more. For more information or to become a volunteer, please send us an email: